Monday, July 20, 2009

A visit from an old friend






The day we drove back from CT, my girlfriend Pam flew in to spend the week with us. Her ex husband used to work with David, when David was stationed here at Bragg. I haven't seen her since before we left for Italy but kept in touch with her regularly while we were in Italy. She was one of a few people that would actually call us! We didn't have any big, exciting plans. We just planned on hanging out and catching up. We ended up doing just that. We played trivial pursuit, scene it, uno and scattergories. I lost my very first game of scene it but I'm blaming it on the amaretto and pineapple juice I'd been drinking all day. We drove down to Myrtle Beach one day, where I proceeded to get the worst sunburn of my life, due to some medication I've been on. We also went and got her first tattoo, and another one for David and I, while she was here. Hannah had a blast with Aunt Pam and we (David and I) took a back seat again. Now it's just me in the back seat, she's all about her daddy. We had a couple bbq's, Pam got to meet some of our friends here in NC. We also put her to work ; ). She made salsa and her 7 layer dip. I think we had the 7 layer dip for dinner 3 times, maybe it was 4. David put a small patio area in the backyard and enlisted the help of both of us. It was a great visit, we had so much fun and didn't want her to leave. However, it was nice to be alone for the first time in 4 weeks this past weekend.

No comments: