Sunday, April 5, 2009

When you think your child is sleeping.....







The other day Hannah woke up after about an hour from her nap. Normally her nap ranges from 2 to 2 1/2 hours, so I laid her back down and turned her music back on. She cries for a little, then it's all quiet in there and she's sleeping........or so I thought! About an hour later, my dad went in there to get her up for me and I heard him say "What did you get in to?" I walked in and couldn't believe what I was looking at it. I immediately knew what she had gotten into........green paint. I had Hannah's painting sitting on top of a shelf beside her crib. She couldn't reach it from the floor and I thought it was far enough from her crib for her to be able to reach it that way. Besides, it had been sitting there for the last month, so I thought I was safe, wrong! She had all the paint in her crib, with her, but only the green was open and empty. I said "holy jesus" and covered my face. Of course, Hannah thought she was in trouble then, and started to cry so I had to pick her up and show her I wasn't angry at her. Of course, these things always happen when you have to be somewhere, as I had to meet the realtor in an hour. I gave Hannah the fastest bath/cleanup of her life and left the crib for David! Here's our little green monster.......



2 comments:

Susan said...

OMG!!! I hope the paint was washable!

The Zellers said...

holy hilarious!!!!