Friday, November 2, 2012

Happy Halloween - 2012

Riley did this on her own. 


Hannah's costume.  The one on top was taken about a month ago, when she first got the costume.  The one on bottom was taken on Halloween.  




Me and my sister.  I miss her.  


Round 1.  We headed out a little after 4 pm.  Trick or treating hours lasted from 4 to 8 here.  That's the longest I've ever seen but it's kinda nice to head out before it gets frigid.  



Ready to go



And she's off


Me and the bear. 


The Griswold's House.  Or so one would think.  


I have never seen a house so decorated for Halloween.  Really.  You can't walk through their front yard.  But I like it.  I think it's great they are so into Halloween.  




Insert dinner break.  We had chili.  And Hannah got to hand out some candy, which she really enjoyed doing.  
Round 2, after dinner.  It took a minute for her to get back into it.  We explained that trick or treating in the dark is much better than going out during the day.  


Riley, all bundled up.  She enjoyed being out, babbling and smiling most of the night.  


Cherry Grappa and Coffee, a quasi cafe correcto.  It was quite yummy.  And I forgot how cold I was.  Okay, who am I kidding, I didn't forget anything, I just didn't care as much.  



Hanging in there.  


Hannah was super excited to go to this house because she liked the decorations.  


I liked this.  



By the end of the night, she was dragging her candy bag.  But she still wanted to keep going. 



End of the night candy inspection.  Also known as let's see what you got and what I want! 


David explaining something to Hannah.  Who knows what it was.  


Riley found a lollipop she enjoyed.  



Then Riley propped herself in the middle of Hannah's candy and played with it.  




It was a great night.  Hannah was more into this year than last.  She enjoyed being out at night, and seeing all the lights and decorations are they are intended to be seen.  And we had fun.  Aunt Debbie lives in a great neighborhood for trick or treating.  They have nice, wide streets and sidewalks everywhere.  It was obvious that a lot of people from around here travel to this neighborhood to go trick or treating.  


No comments: