Monday, June 23, 2014

Joshua, 6 months

Here's what's going on the life of Joshua Robert:  
First of all, he is a BIG guy.  As of a well check one month ago, his height and weight revealed that he is in the 93rd percentile.  Meaning his bigger than 93% of babies his age.  



Also, this kid is so happy. All my kids have gone through a short period, at pretty much the exact same time, where they craved attention and it was difficult to put them down at all.  This was before 3 months for all of them.  That period was hard but short.  Outside of that, all my babies have been content, happy babies.  Joshua is different though.  He smiles ALL THE TIME and has for months.  


Last week we started on solids.  I wanted to wait until he was six months but he's been so curious, and we're practically six months so I decided to go ahead and introduce some stuff.  So far, he's had avocado and banana.  So far, he's not crazy about anything.  


He's also sprouted both bottom, front teeth in the last two weeks.  Just days after I noticed the first one breaking through the gums, I noticed the second one.  


He does that thing where you stick a little food in his mouth and he just stares back at me with his mouth open with a confused look on his face.  


No matter what, I can count on a smile though.  




We're close to putting the swing away.  He fills it out completely right now.  He's also doing this thing where he goes completely sideways in it.  I swear, it's on purpose.  


He's a thumb sucker.  And he's still waking up every 2 to 3 hours throughout the night.  He actively eats during those times.  Hannah slept through the night by 6 months and Riley was sleeping 12 hours through the night by 3 months but that because of her heart. I'm not going to lie, the every 2 to 2.5 hours throughout the night is hard.  Some nights, it's REALLY hard!

Now, if someone could tell hum to slow down because he's growing way too fast to be my last.  


In sibling news, the girls still adore him and I'm amazed at how they interact with him.  


These are photo's from two days ago.  Everyone is happy and smiling.  I feel blessed to have these moments with them, moments when they are all happy just being together. 








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every single one of these photos is fabulous! Such happiness :)

Grandpa Bob