Saturday, December 13, 2008

Patti's Settlement in Land Between the Lakes
























Last night, Tom, Amy and I drove to Land Between the Lakes, which is about an hour into Kentucky. I had heard about this restaurant, Patti's, that is supposed to have excellent food. When I mentioned it to Amy and Tom, they said that there was also a Christmas Village there. So we decided to drive down for dinner and to look at the lights. We got down there a little after 5 and were seated immediately for dinner. The restaurant was gorgeous, with lots of foliage and decorations inside. We were served bread in flower pots with strawberry butter, yum! Patti's is known for their pork, so I ordered a pork chop with tropical sauce. I was served a pork chop, 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick, covered with diced strawberries, mango, pineapple, red pepper, lime juice, and cilantro. It was so good, and so juicy. After eating to pork chop, I didn't have room for anything else but that was the best pork chop I've ever had. David's a little upset that his Honey Mustard pork chops have been bumped to second place! Now I'm on the hunt for that tropical sauce. Hannah still isn't feeling great, so she was restless. Amy and I took turns eating, and walking her around the gift store. After we ate, we walked around the settlement, which is where the pictures are from. It was absolutely gorgeous, with all the lights. I wished Hannah had felt a little better, but I'm so glad I got to see it before I left. The best part about it is that the entire area takes part. It's all set up like a settlement, with lots of shops. Had Hannah felt a little better, I could've spent a lot more time there. So, if anyone finds themselves in Kentucky, head to Patti's Settlement in Land Between the Lakes. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: