Tuesday, July 6, 2010

8 years and 1 day

Yesterday, David and I celebrated our anniversary.  Eight years together.  Pretty awesome, I think.  We didn't make any big plans, we didn't get each other gifts.  Michelle offered to watch Hannah, if we decided to go out on a date.  We decided to go on a date but couldn't figure out exactly what we were going to do.  So we dropped Hannah off at 430 and headed out.  We ended up at Gander Mountain, looking at John boats.  Then we wandered to Books A Million to get the book for for our Sunday School.  We ended up getting about 5 books in all.  Book stores are always a dangerous place for David and I.  I was in the mood for steak so after some debate we decided to try Morgan's Chop House.  We've been wanting to try it and haven't had a chance yet.  We got there only to discover they were closed.  They are not normally closed on Mondays, so I don't know if it was for the holiday or what.  We decided to head to Chris' Steakhouse.  We've both been there before and we liked it.  Neither one of us had ever been "wowed" by the food though, which is why we didn't go there to begin with.  However, we knew the dining experience would be what we wanted.  It turned out to be great.  We sat outside and had some gin tonic's before we were seated.  They were good, really strong though!  We headed inside and ordered our dinner.  We started out with fried calamari, which was just good.  Nothing spectacular.  And the cocktail sauce tasted a lot like pizza sauce.  For my meal, I got the petit filet mignon and stuffed shrimp.  David got prime rib.  We both like our beef as rare as possible.  My filet was so good!  It was so tender, I didn't even need a knife to cut it!  David loved his prime rib.  I wasn't able to finish the shrimp, there were 3.  But the stuffed shrimp was good.  I was in love with my steak though.  While we were eating, we overheard the waitress talking about their desserts to another couple.  She mentioned creme brulee cheesecake.  I looked at David and said "I will be having one of those."  We wrapped up dinner and ordered our cheesecake.  David got a piece of the creme brulee cheesecake too.  It was so absolutely wonderful.  It was creamy, with small flecks of vanilla bean.  It had this sauce drizzled over it.  Ahhhh.  I don't even know how to fully describe other than oh so yummy!  All in all, we were happy we ended up at Chris', even though we didn't plan to.  I told David last night, I like to think about who I would be if I had never met him.  For example, I had seltzer water with dinner last night.  I prefer seltzer water, I think it's so refreshing.  However, I remember tasting it in high school and thinking it was the most awful thing I'd ever had.  But I've gotten older, and I'm married to a man who encourages me to try new things, so I do.  And I find that, most of the time, I like it.  Thank you David.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm glad it turned out to be a great date for you two.