Monday, September 26, 2011

Just a Saturday

Saturday I had a baby shower to attend at McDuff's Tea Room, which was awesome by the way.  More on that later.  
It's located in downtown Fayetteville.  The International Folk Festival was going on, so David decided to go along and walk Hannah around downtown while I was at the baby shower.  

What they ended up doing was heading to Twisted Jeweler to make some birthday presents.  This is where they were when I met up with them.  

Here's the necklace David made me along with the bracelet Hannah made me.  Hannah also made me a matching necklace, with a cross on it.  


Then we all walked over to Greg's and spent a few hours there.  


It took me forever to talk David into painting something.  He kept bouncing back and forth.  Finally, I just demanded he paint it for my birthday.  




If you look at this picture you can see the margarita glass, two coffee mugs, plate, 
owl piggy bank and cookie jar that was painted.  We get to pick them up this Saturday.


I also popped in Sweetbottoms to pick up some prefolds, which I got a great deal on. 

We all had such a good time.  I picked up some Chocolate Mint Tea and some Birthday Cake tea, along with a cup and loose tea leaf diffuser set.  I chatted with the owner, who was incredibly nice and helpful.  She let me sniff an endless amount of tea.  The Tea Room has tea time every afternoon, from 3 to 5.  You have to call the day before and make a reservation as the chef prepares everything fresh daily.  I can't wait to go back for tea time.  The set up is so classic, with 3 tiered trays filled with cookies and biscotti and beautiful glass teapots so you can see the tea leaves.  

I look forward to taking Hannah back to Greg's, we'll make some more Christmas gifts.  And I'd like to make some jewelry.   

As we walked back to the truck Hannah exclaimed "this is the best city ever!"  I must admit, downtown Fayetteville has come such a long ways from what it was when I was a kid.  I hope it continues to improve.  

1 comment:

Susan said...

The tea room sounds so much fun. You and Hannah and Riley (and maybe Michelle and Vivian) should go to tea one day, and all wear heels, dresses and hats :-) Oh, and gloves! My mom's friend had a tea party one time, and we all wore dresses and hats, then played croquet in the garden. So much fun.