Saturday, May 12, 2012

Arriving: Chicago & Naperville

Thursday afternoon, I loaded up the girls into the Business Class car on an Amtrak train and we headed to Chicago.  My decision to change to first class was made at the last minute and I am so glad I did!  I intend to go first class anytime I'm on the train.  It made such a difference with the girls because there was so much more space.

I actually got my own seat, since the girls were small enough to share one.  Riley's face in this one
cracks me up.  


We had a small delay of 30 minutes.  This is right before our backup into Union Station.  
Hannah looked out the window for the last 30 minutes of the ride.  


There was a small delay in David getting to us also.  So what does a person do, at 9:30 p.m. in Union Station with two small kids.  They get ice cream.  Or TCBY if you're a stickler.  

Yesterday, I spent the day in downtown Naperville with Aunt Debby, Carolyn, Will and Emma.  

Hannah, Will and Debby looking in the fountain.  


Hannah's hair is so long!  I forgot how long it is because it's in a braid so much.  


Will and Hannah, in front of the fountain.  


I pushed Riley into the flowers so she could play with them.  


A few flowers were sacrificed.  



We walked around, did a lot of window shopping.  Picked up some cupcakes from Sugar Monkey Cupcakes.  After dinner, Debby, Carolyn and I went back downtown and walked around.  I picked up a shirt from White House Black Market.  It was the first time I had ever been in this store.  They've got nice, dressier type clothing.  What I found most interesting is that nothing wowed me on the hanger, but then when I saw it on myself, or Carolyn or Debby, it totally wowed me.  Then we sat in front of the river and had our cupcakes and wine in celebration of Mother's Day.  The cupcakes are fantastic.  I had a chocolate cherry cupcake.  It was phenomenal, especially the icing.  And I'm not an icing person, I normally scrape it right off.  All in all, it was a pretty fabulous day.  

No comments: