Monday, July 28, 2014

Vacation Bible School: D3 Agency

About 5 weeks ago, I stepped out of my comfort zone and taught at vacation bible school.  For those that don't know, vacation bible school (or vbs) is a week of fun and learning.  I had a classroom of 12 first graders.  Last year I was an assistant but this year I thought it might be fun to teach.  

A snapshot of one of our kids' belongings.


Miranda, during snack


There's Riley.  


Saying the pledge of allegiance at the end of the day pep rally.  


Chaos.  Pure chaos.  And lots of screaming.  The little girl in the pink dress is Riley.  The guy with the water gun is our youth pastor, Phil.  


Riley, and a group of preschoolers, leading in the music and dance at the pep rally one day.  


At first, I didn't think it would be good to have Hannah in my class.  But then I ended up with Hannah and Ethan, which was awesome.  Hannah wasn't clingy and I got to watch Ethan and her interact.  And do super cute things, like hold hands.  


The next three pictures are my kids at craft time.  I should've taken a picture of Hannah's final product.  In the past, kids have done multiple crafts over the week.  However, this time, they had one craft that they worked on all week.  



There's Big Hannah, looking perky.  But truly, she was a great help for our class.  And she's kinda funny.  


This is my class during music.  Every day they learned a new song and dance moves to accompany the song.  


Pandemonium over the water guns.  


These two pictures show our head pastor, dressed very silly, running around and spraying the kids too.  




See the small girl, with the black shirt and pink skirt?  That's Riley, contributing to the money collected that week for the back pack ministry.  


Story time with Pastor Phil.



More screaming, toe stepping fun.  


Battle of the sexes. 


The bike Hannah won at the conclusion of vacation bible school  It was a big week for Hannah.  She decided to be baptized that week.  After talking it over with David and I, we decided that Hannah was ready to be baptized.   She was more excited about being baptized than the bike. ; )



I had so much fun teaching; I'm already planning to do it again next year.  It was exhausting but rewarding.  

No comments: