Monday, August 30, 2010

Out with the old,

In with the new.  Not there was anything wrong with our old couch.  We still like it very much.  Not only do we like it, but it holds a special place in our hearts.  It was custom designed, by us, at a furniture store in Italy.  It's 3 separate sections, each section length and shape picked by David and I.  However, it's not preschool age friendly.  Each couch section cover comes off and is washable but the sections are large and it's difficult to get them back on every-time Hannah gets a little carried away coloring.  David's dad mentioned that he was going to get rid of his leather loveseat and recliner.  I jumped all over it.  Now, I'm not typically a leather furniture person.  My experience with it has been sticky.  It stick to any bare skin.  This doesn't though.  It's nice and soft.  Plus, years ago, my girlfriend Coretta told me the reason she opted for leather seats in her car was because it's so easy to clean with children.  Makes sense to me.  And that is the biggest reason I jumped all over Bob's couch/recliner.  This weekend, David had a 3 day, which is rare in the police world.  So we drove to Atlanta to pick up the furniture.  Bob also offered up his refrigerator, which we happily took to add to our brewing adventures.  A separate fridge means we can start brewing lager beers which need to ferment at a cooler temp that ale's.  And here it is....

Our old couch, piled in the kitchen




The new...


How happy we are that it ALL reclines!

No comments: