Sunday, August 21, 2011

Broadway at the Beach

I love the beach, so anytime someone suggests going to the beach, I jump right in.  While Amy and Tom were visiting, we decided to all drive down.  Riley was 6 days old but I didn't think she would mind much.  There's a place in Myrtle Beach called Broadway at the Beach.  They have lots of restaurants, shopping, the aquarium and a fair like area with lots of rides for little kids.  The plan was for Amy and Tom to just have fun with Hannah on all the rides while Riley stuck close to David and I.  

Hannah is ready, running down the boardwalk!


It was hot!  And I was the only one who would venture in the water 
with her.  What can I say, it felt good.  Of course, my shorts were damp until about 5 p.m. that day.  I think these little splash areas are a great idea.


On the teacups with Grandma


The motorcycles


The caterpillar.  Seeing her on this was hilarious!!
I think she went on this ride 5 times.  


Airplane ride


Riley in the sling for a little while.


It wouldn't be a proper fair experience without face painting.


We match!


Riley's ride, this is what she did the whole day.


Hula hooping at Margaritaville.  
We like Margarittaville for the margarita's and the atmosphere.  The food is only so-so and pricey, so we don't eat there.  But they do have a large outdoor area that includes a sand pit and hula hoops.  They also had a live DJ on this night.  David and Hannah danced the night away together.  They did the cha cha slide, the electric slide and danced together for many other songs.   



During the hottest part of the day, David and I sat down to watch a movie, Bridesmaids.  This got Riley out of the heat for a little while.  I nursed her in the cool, quiet movie theatre and David and I got to enjoy a movie together.  It was really funny, by the way.  We laughed so hard we cried at some parts.  Riley did awesome; she slept.  Hannah had so much fun, and we all had fun just watching her.   We drove home around 11 pm.  It's such a great way to spend a family day together.  I'm not going to say it's the cheapest thing you can do, but it sure is fun.   

No comments: