Monday, December 15, 2014

Homeschooling outside the box

One of my favorite aspects offing a teacher is finding the fun ways to teach.  Like using a game.  


Yesterday David sat down and taught Hannah how to play how to play Kismet.  


Kismet is like playing poker, with dice.  Your score is based on adding your dice and another number based on the hand you play.  


She played two games with David while I went for a run.  


Then I sat down to play a third game with them.  I was amazed at how quickly she had picked up on the game.  


David and I tried to keep our opinions about what she should do to ourselves, and tried to just simply answer questions for her.  


She had to add up her won scores.  
She did a really fantastic job all three games.  She beat me!  


These are mine and David's scorecards.  Mine is above and David's is below.  Notice those 400+ scores!  I actually beat David, twice.  It happens rarely, and I so love when it does! 


No comments: