Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Simply Baffled

Ok, for the most part, I keep my political opinions to myself.  Or at least only air them to small groups of trusted people.  It's not that I mind "debating" my beliefs or opinions but most people can't simply have a conversation in which we disagree and move along with life normally afterwards.  I can.  I don't mind a healthy, intelligent debate.  That being said, I am so freaking ticked right now.  Let me first say that I'm all for this idealistic notion that the Affordable Care Act says it wants to accomplish.  Everyone gets health care. no one gets turned down.  Fantastic.  What I am absolutely against is the punishment that my single income family receives because we do things right by electing to have workplace insurance.  Disregarding the fact that our insurance rates have more than doubled in the last 12 months, can someone please explain to me why my husband was told he had to pay nearly triple what a person without insurance would have to pay for the exact same immunization!!!  Why is this ok?  Why does my single income, family of 5 pay $700 a month for insurance and on top of that, we have to pay double to triple more than someone without insurance at the doctor's office.  Someone please explain to me why this is ok?  How is this fair or even reasonable?!?!?!  Argh!!!!!

I'm done.  

No comments: