Saturday, January 16, 2010

Our First Gingerbread House

I've never made a gingerbread house, neither has Hannah.  Amy and Tom brought one down for us to put together, over the holidays.  I took pictures.  Hannah snacked on the candy and decorated.  David took charge.  Amy and Tom stood back, smiling and laughing.  We all know David, we know how David gets when he thinks something should be done his way, and only his way.  Well that applied to the gingerbread house.  I did not realize when I married David that I married a gingerbread house expert, but apparently I did!  After he had it assembled, he decided that he didn't like the plastic holder that came with the house, he wanted it on a pretty plate instead.  Everyone said "no, don't move it" but what did David do........he moved it.  He set it carefully down on a plate and let go, and then it crumbled.  And Hannah cried.  Then David scrambled while comforting Hannah with these words "it's okay, I can fix it."  It was so funny.  He did a pretty good job putting it back together, with the exception of the roof that looked like it was caving in.












No comments: