Saturday, October 2, 2010

Changes in Life


I love how my life is evolving.  In the last 4 years, I met some amazing people.  People that will be with me forever, no matter where they live.  I became a mom and realized that there is nothing better than my child.  I moved, lots.  I think God was/is trying to teach me how to be okay with chaos, we're still working on that one.  I became a stay at home mom and received my AS in Criminal Justice.  One of the changes I'm most happy about is my healthy living lifestyle.  I affectionately refer to myself as a food snob and a fitness freak.  In just a few weeks, I'm running my first half marathon!!  Yep, me.  I can hardly believe it myself.  My ongoing goal is to create food as healthy as possible without  it tasting the blah, healthy taste that people associated healthy food with.  On to the point of this post: my birthday presents from David.  This year I got this:


a kettlebell.  You can read more about them here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettlebell

While some people might not appreciate fitness related items as gifts, I love them.  In fact in the last two birthday/anniversaries I've gotten 2 pairs of running shoes, an outfit, a Garmin gps for running, Oakley's, and free weights.  

Back to the kettlebell, I've wanted one for about a year.  While I know a lot about them, I've never actually used one.  David started using them when he joined the police department and absolutely loves them.  Matter of fact, he was playing with mine before work.  I'm excited to learn how to use it.  It's so versatile and you can do an entire cardio/strength training workout around this one item.  Pretty spectacular if you ask me.  

No comments: