Friday, November 4, 2011

Grandma Fox Turns Another Year Older

This actually happened in September, I'm just now getting around to posting the pictures from it though.  

It was my mom's birthday and I thought it would be neat to have Hannah create
and design her cake.  Hannah wanted to make her a Lemon cake with pink icing.  So I set out to figure out Grandma's cake.  I settled on a lemon pound cake recipe with 
lemon cream cheese frosting, dyed pink.  

Here's Hannah helping me make the cake.  


She even sifted the flour, her first time sifting. 
Here she is adding salt.  


She wanted to decorate with cookies, lollipops, jelly beans, m&m's and I think gum.  
I forgot the gum.  

Decorating with daddy, everyone had a hand in grandma's cake.  Good thing they were clean hands!



Grandma loved her cake!


Overall, I think it turned out very pretty.  The icing was fantastic and the cake 
tasted pretty good too.  It was my first attempt at any type of pound cake.  There was something a little off about the consistency of it, it was as light in texture as it should have been, but it sure tasted like pound cake.  


No comments: