Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

     Sorry for the absence!  My in laws were visiting and David and I have been preparing for a possible job change for him.  Between visiting and finally finishing all the little stuff in the house, I didn't have much time to blog.  A short recap of the last week: we ate at the best Thai food in Fayetteville.  It came highly recommend, by some people in the Asian community.  It's The Big Apple.  There are so many things I liked about this place.  It was huge!  With 4 different "sections."  There was a lounge section, a sports bar section, a restaurant area and an outdoor area.  The best part had to be that at 630 pm on a Saturday night, there was only one another full table in the restaurant part. If you have ever dined in the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area on a weekend, you know what a challenge it can be to find a restaurant without a wait.  We also headed to Best Buy Saturday night to spend our reward zone points.  If you don't participate in Best Buy reward zone points, and shop there, you should!  I spend $55 in reward zone points.  Best Buy gives you money to spend.  And it's not little, piddly amounts either!  We picked up some Three Stooges for me and The Lion King for Hannah.  And still had enough to get a $25 dollar gift card to iTunes.  We also watched The Wizard of Oz with Hannah.  It was her first time watching it and she loved it.  That was our exciting week! Not really that exciting, huh.  In other news, I created a two week meal plan.  I've tried before but this time I put more time and effort into creating it. So far it's week great.  I have two leftover nights in it and one "free" night.
     This week's menu includes:
           Monday - Crockpot Parmesan Chicken with Creamy Avocado Pasta
           Tuesday - Mushroom, Spinach and Tofu Korma, Food Network Magazine, with Roasted Grape Sweet Potatoes
           Wednesday - Greek Quesdillas, made with leftover chicken from Monday
           Thursday - Sausage, Lentil and Kale Soup
           Friday - leftovers
            Saturday - free night
           Sunday - Sloppy Joes
            Monday - Mexican Lasagna
           Tuesday - Venison Stroganoff
           Wednesday - Spanakopizza
           Thursday - Sweet Asian Chili Stir Fry
            Friday - leftovers

By the way, those roasted grape sweet potatoes were AMAZING!  Ok, now I gotta go figure out why I can't get my photo's off my iphone on to my laptop!

Happy Wednesday! 

No comments: