Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A stroll in the city

A week before we drove to NC, we all, (Amy, Tom, Hannah, Riley and I) went up to Chicago.  Amy and Tom were taking Hannah to see the nutcracker and I was coming up to visit and enjoy the city before we left.  I feel like we were there long enough for me to enjoy the city.  And Chicago has so much to offer!  I guess it's just a reason to visit.  In the summer though.  Saturday afternoon, Riley and I took the train into the city and where I would later meet everyone for dinner in Greektown.  


I had no agenda, I just wanted to walk around.  


The train was about 40 minutes late, which put a limit to how far I could wander, since I had to give myself time to get to the restaurant on time.  


I simply picked a direction and walked.  



Even though I only had about an hour, which was not as much time as I had hoped for, I still enjoyed my stroll.  


I forgot gloves for Riley.  So I gave her mine.  Then she proceeded to wave her hands around all over the place.  



It was nice to walk around at Christmas, because the city puts up a lot of lights.  




I can't remember what this is, but it's a special building.  David could tell me, only he's not here.  And I know there's a streetlight in the middle of the photo, but I still like the way it looks.  


With Greg, at a Greek restaurant in Greektown.  


Dinner was fantastic, especially the garlic sauce, which was pureed potatoes with A LOT of garlic.  


Riley and Josie, Greg's giant lab.  Riley loves him so much.
And he's so gentle with Riley.  





No comments: