Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentines Day

David and I are not huge Valentine's people.  It's just not a big deal to us.  David expresses his love for me adequately all the rest of the year so I don't feel that David needs to go out of his way on February 14th to do it.  Most of the time we have a nice dinner at home.  The last two years, David has, without any influence from me, picked out gifts for the girls.  


This year we started what I hope will become a new tradition: these hearts.  David and I did a heart for each kid.  


Well, David didn't do Joshua.  Anyways, on each card we wrote something we loved about our kids.  I didn't take a picture of David's but his are just like mine, only with something he loves about Hannah and Riley.  I think it's simple and beautiful.  


We gave them to the girls. And then I asked for them back. ; ). I'm going to save them.  That's why I went ahead and did one for Joshua, even if David made fun of me for doing it!  When each child is older, I'll give them their hearts, filled with reasons they are loved.  


No comments: