Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Global run for education

This past Saturday, David and I ran in the Global Run for Education.   

Can you spot the elephant in the street?


It started because our friend, Laura (seen in the bright pink shirt and black capris in above photo) asked me to run with her.  This was her very first 5k.  I'm always about supporting new runners, and cheering them on.  After all, I wouldn't be where I am without the support of David.  


Meanwhile, the church has set out to promote our new sermon series, the elephant in the room.  He decided to join Laura and I, while dressed as an elephant.  Crazy, I know.  


David had a great time!  He was born to be a mascot, I'm tellin ya!  He ran all 3.1 miles, then ran back to greet people coming in even after he'd finished.  He also accomplished his goal of attracting attention.  He gave high fives and danced in the street.  Lots of people wanted their picture taken with the elephant.  When appropriate, we told people to come see the elephant in the room.  


He said running in the costume wasn't too bad.  When he stopped running is when he started to get hot.  
As you can see from the photo, Hannah ran with us.  Her friend Logan was out there, which seems to motivate her to run more.  Pretty sure she had her fastest 5k time.  


No comments: