Monday, April 7, 2014

Myrtle Beach

A few weeks ago my very best friend, Kelly, who now lives in Chicagoland, traveled to Myrtle Beach because of a cheerleading competition her daughter was involved in.  As soon as I found out, I knew we'd be driving down to see her.  I mean it's 13 to Chicago, and 2 to Myrtle!  Plus, it's been almost a year and a half since I've seen her, and I miss her so very much.  

Moving on, the hotel had numerous indoor pools.  We got there late afternoon on Friday.  The girls were restless so I took them down to the pool while David and Joshua hung out in the room.  Kelly had driven through the night from Chicago to Myrtle Beach, so they were still drifting in and out of consciousness.  


This little 1 foot pool was perfect for Riley.  


She even figured out how to climb out on her own.  


We bounced back and forth between these two pools for about an hour.  




You can see Riley climbing her way out in the corner of this picture.


When I went back up to the room, David took the girls down to the beach to walk around for a little.  Kelly came by and we chatted for a little while.  I also got information for the cheer competition the next morning.  
So early Saturday morning, we all headed over to watch the competition.. 


David got us in and out without paying $20 a person!!!  Yikes, right.  When the guy asked David where our wristbands were, David said "Do we have to have those if we're just spectating?"  And the teenager at the door said, no, go ahead and go in.  


We're pretty sure the guy went home and looked up the definition to "spectating" only to realize that he shouldn't have let us in!  I mean, what else would anyone be doing there?!?

And to avoid a crazy long post, the remaining photo's will be in tomorrow's blog.




No comments: