Friday, October 26, 2012

Reminiscing over old cookbooks.

I love old cookbooks, especially the ones that come from churches.  I was going through some that my mother in law have and thought I'd share with you why I love them so much.  This cookbook comes to us from Sacred Heart Parish Cassel in Marathon, Wisconsin in 1970.  

You may have to zoom in, check out the second hint.  If you can't read it, it says "teach your children to pick up their toys before going to bed."  I guess they decided to throw some parenting advice in there too!


I also like the last hint on the helpful hints page. It says "To keep honey soft, add 1/4 lb. of butter to 1 qt. of fresh honey.  Mix well.  Will stay soft and you won't have to butter bread separately."  Huh, what bread?!

Here's an example of a recipe a particularly enjoy:  


Where's the chicken under ingredients?  How much chicken?  

No comments: